In the Kitchen will be the category where I will post some of the recipes I cook for my family. I promise you these are super-duper easy recipes because I’m really not an expert in the kitchen plus the fact that I don’t want recipes with so many steps/how-tos. Just 4-6 instructions, anything more than that, I skip the page of my recipe book and look for simpler recipes. So newbies in the kitchen, I hope you’ll try my recipes or suggestions and let’s share kitchen secrets!
Look what this long weekend made me, finally tried baking Chocolate Chip cookies from scratch! It’s a first, before, I use those boxed mixes available for brownies. Now, I finally tested an easy and yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe I can call my own.
My first time to bake these is last Saturday, I used 3/4 cup of light brown sugar and it came out too sweet according to my critics. But I have a sweet tooth and the sweetness is like Keebler chocolate chip cookies, so if you like the sweetness of Keebler’s, go ahead and use 3/4 cup of light brown sugar. The first batch of cookies came out big and thick, it’s about more than 1 tablespoon. If you like you’re cookies soft and chewy, you can make large scoops like what I did.
My critics requested for the chocolate chip cookies to be smaller, spread thinly, with a crunch, and less sweeter. Ooowkay, so I baked these again on a Sunday. I have no idea what to adjust to make it crunchy, all I know is I have to lessen the sugar, so I used half a cup. And that’s the end to my search for my own Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
1 stick butter, room temperature – I used Dari Creme
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used Hershey’s brand because that’s what I found in the supermarket
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl, mix well. I don’t have a mixer so I just used a wooden spoon to mix everything.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix them well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix them until all of them are incorporated and you formed a yummy gooey dough.
- Grease your baking pan with butter.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the cookie dough onto the pan. Allow space between each dough for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Just check on it, if the edges are brown, then it’s done.
Most choco chip recipes online will advise you to allow the cookies to cool before serving. But who am I kidding? Sinking my teeth into a freshly baked cookie with soft chunks of chocolates is simply exhilarating! Buttery, chewy, and gooey all at the same time!
What’s your ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe? I might try yours next time 🙂