When you have a kid in the house, it is very important to clean areas where he/she hangs out such as the living room, bedroom, play area and well, almost all areas of the house. With my 2-year-old, she is very curious on every new thing that she sees, and sometimes, puts everything in her mouth thinking it’s food. So I see to it that every morning, her yaya cleans the floor, her table and her toys to ensure that she’ll never picks up something harmful.
To be able to ensure that everything in your house is spic-and-span, here are a few cleaning materials you should have:
- Broom (walis) – to remove dust and dirt on the floor.
- Powerful Cleaning Mop – This is to ensure that the floor is clean.
- Multi-purpose cleaner – In our house, we use Domex. Mix Domex in a half-pail of water to be used with the cleaning mop.
- Feather Duster – to dust off accumulated dirt on picture frames, paintings, figurines, and other display objects in the house.
- Vacuum cleaner – Of course, this mean machine gets the work done in minutes. Clean every nooks and crannies of the sofa and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Floor Polisher – We have marbled floors so it’s nice to have shiny floors even just once a week. Tip: There’s a multi-purpose cleaner that shines the floor too. I think it’s Mr. Muscle, not sure though.
- Chamois cloths or any absorbent cloths – For spills on the floor, may it be juice or water, an absorbent cloth comes in handy for easier wiping.
- Disinfectant Spray – A clean house needs some clean air too.
- Room Fragrance – I’m very particular with scents. I love perfumes and I love smelling good personally so that means my house should smell good too. I love using reed diffusers than sprays.
These are the things we use in trying to keep a clean house. Share your cleaning tips and materials too.