A bulb syringe or nasal aspirator may be used to clear the baby’s stuffy nose or clogged nose. All you need are saline drops (we used Salinase), bulb syringe (we got this in the newborn kit from the hospital) and tissue to wipe the mucus.
- Apply 1 or 2 drops of Salinase. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the bulb of the syringe.
- Insert the tip of the syringe into one nostril and gently release pressure at the bulb.
- Squeeze the mucus on the tissue.
- Repeat the process to the other nostril.
Here’s a video I found on how to use a bulb syringe to clear baby’s nose:
Important reminder though, don’t suction baby’s nose more than thrice a day because it may irritate its lining. Salinase and saline drops should also not be used 4 days in a row because it can dry out the insides of the nose. Do not suction too harsh or you’ll hurt and inflame baby’s nasal tissues.