There are different studies about kids behaviors, health, and educational style these days. Before, it was only traditional school. But now, we have progressive, Montessori, etc. -teaching styles that we parents can choose from according to the needs of our child. Before, if you got good grades, then you’re intelligent. In school, there are no other gauge but the numerical scores of your quizzes and tests. It doesn’t matter if you sing good in your church choir, or if you dance well in your ballet class. When I was still studying, I got good grades, but part of me wishes to do more. I wanted to have more friends not just in our batch but also in lower and higher levels but I’m too shy. Oh, and I really want to be a cheerleader when I was in high school, but again, I’m too shy and I don’t know how to dance gracefully :p.
Now that I have Gwen, I promise to let her be. I won’t put pressure on her grades too much. I will encourage her to enroll in dance classes, voice lessons, whatever she wants. I will let her friends have a slumber party in our house. I will ask Jeff to teach her how to ride a bike, to fix the tent up in the mountains, and to tie a knot. Haha, I sound like a stage mother here.
I want Gwen to be street-smart, not book-smart. Not all things can be learned from books, sometimes you have to go out there, experience and learn those life skills and lessons the hard way. I want her to have Multiple Intelligence.
What is Multiple Intelligence?
It is a theory conceived by Howard Gardner, a professor from Harvard Graduate School, which is when a child is Brain Smart, Body Smart and People Smart. The human person can be intelligent in many other ways; ways that are independent from each other and has each of their own strengths and constraints.
I choose Multiple Intelligence because it will give my daughter an endless zest for life’s adventures.
You know the saying, kahit saan mapunta yung tao, alam mong mabubuhay sya kasi alam na nya gagawin nya? That’s what I wanted for my daughter, I want her to be independent. I want her to travel, see the world, meet friends all over and try new things. Without me worrying, paano na kaya siya?
Now it’s your turn! Just tweet your answer why you choose Multiple Intelligence and you can win Php 500 Mercury Drug GC and a gift pack.
- Follow me on Twitter: @badudets
- Tweet your answer to this statement: “I choose #MultipleIntelligence because ____” #MIxBadudets
- Remember to include the hashtags #MultipleIntelligence and #MIxBadudets to qualify.
- Only one tweet per participant is allowed. Multiple tweets of one participant do not guarantee more chances of being chosen as one of the finalists.
- Participants may also post pictures showing how they develop their child’s Multiple Intelligence together with their tweets. If the picture shows a child/children in it, they must be at least 4 years old. Entries with photos of children below 4 years old will be disqualified. In addition, photos must not include pregnant women.
I will pick one weekly winner for 10 weeks. Actually, there are other 3 mommy bloggers running this contest. You can also join their contest to increase your chances of winning but you can only win once throughout the duration of the promo. Follow @mommypehpot, @esupermommy, and @sarahtirona.
Criteria for judging:
Creativity – 30%
Reason – 30%
Relatability – 30%
Week 1 ends on Friday so send your tweets now!