In the Kitchen will be the category where I will post some of the recipes I cook for my family. I promise you these are super-duper easy recipes because I’m really not an expert in the kitchen plus the fact that I don’t want recipes with so many steps/how-tos. Just 4-6 instructions, anything more than that, I skip the page of my recipe book and look for simpler recipes. So newbies in the kitchen, I hope you’ll try my recipes or suggestions and let’s share kitchen secrets!
It’s been a while since I posted a recipe. I always cook on weekends but always forgot to take a photo for me to blog, hihi. Anyway, this Spicy Tuna Pasta is perfect since this Lenten season so that you’ll have something to cook for Meatless Fridays.
This is Jeff’s favorite, and also my favorite too because this is so easy (and fast) to make!
Spicy Tuna Pasta
560 g Del Monte Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce
1 can Century Tuna Hot & Spicy
1 can mushrooms (cut into pieces)
1 can Reno liver spread (optional)
garlic and onions
about 1/4 kg. of Del Monte Spaghetti
grated cheese or Parmesan
I’m not in any way endorsing the brands but these are the ingredients I use for years so I can’t vouch for the outcome if you used other brands or variants of the spaghetti sauce, say Italian style etc. Besides, the sweetness of the sauce will be complemented by the spiciness of the Century Tuna.
How to cook:
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Saute the garlic and onions. After a few minutes, add the sliced mushrooms (drained). Shortly after, add the Century Tuna including the oil, just remove the laurel leaf included in the can. This should look like the pic below:
3. Pour the spaghetti sauce. Simmer for a few minutes until bubbles appear.
4. Add the whole can of Reno liver spread. Make sure to mix the liver spread well with the sauce. This may sound weird to some but I add this to make the consistency of the sauce thicker. It does not add any weird flavor combination with the tuna. Promise!
5. Add pepper if you like it spicier. You’re done!
Just add cheese on top before serving.
The sauce is very easy to cook, 10-15 minutes is all you need.
Please try my Tuna Carbonara Pasta recipe too.