2 days to go before Gwen’s first month, and I can’t help but feel excited and triumphant that I survived the first month. It’s really hard the first 2 weeks but now, everything is smooth-sailing and I’m enjoying and savoring every moment of it. Just what my mommy friends told me, I’ll miss the days when Gwen was still a tiny little angel. True enough, babies do grow fast, so mommies, don’t blink.
No matter how shallow, I want to list my little accomplishments as a mommy, hey it’s my first time:
- My first time to hold a newborn in my arms. I was afraid to carry a baby, moreso a newborn before, but I guess I have no choice with my own baby.
- Latched! Breastfeeding momma here, I hope I can continue nursing her even if I’m back to work.
- Learned how to bathe baby. I’m glad that she doesn’t cry whenever we take a bath so less worry for me.
- Sacrificed sleep… 8 hours of sleep is a thing of the past. I’m lucky to have 3 hours of sleep per day, but it’s alright.
- A busy day for me being a mommy involved cleaning poop, changing diapers and nursing.
But the most precious milestone of being a mommy is witnessing your baby’s smile for the first time. All my worries and fears melted whenever I see Gwen’s smile on her angelic face. And whenever I see her and her daddy sleeping soundly, life could never be happier.