We are so overwhelmed with worries on baby’s first flight. We’re worried that she might get uneasy because of ear pressure. So on our last check-up, we asked her pediatrician for some tips before we travel.
- Bring pacifier or baby bottles to suck on. Or if you’re breastfeeding, let the baby nurse for comfort.
- Feed the baby 30 minutes before your flight, this way he/she is not full and less likely to throw up inside the plane.
- For babies 6 months and up, just give them water or juice instead of milk so they won’t get full. If baby wants milk, make sure not to overfeed them.
- One trick to make the baby sleep during the flight is to make him/her sleep deprived hours before your departure.
- Bring toys or anything that can keep the baby amused.
- One last tip, RELAX! Babies can also sense what his/her parents feel especially the mothers so just enjoy the trip!
We’ll be leaving for Singapore tomorrow. It’s so hard to pack things, now we’re three. Good thing we’re staying at a friend’s house so we don’t have to bring a sterilizer and a stroller with us. Just Gwen’s MacLaren baby carrier and we’re good.