In the Kitchen will be the category where I will post some of the recipes I cook for my family. I promise you these are super-duper easy recipes because I’m really not an expert in the kitchen plus the fact that I don’t want recipes with so many steps/how-tos. Just 4-6 instructions, anything more than that, I skip the page of my recipe book and look for simpler recipes. So newbies in the kitchen, I hope you’ll try my recipes or suggestions and let’s share kitchen secrets!
If you follow my recipes, you’ll know by now that I just make simple meals for my family using easy to find ingredients, basically one that can be found in your pantry too. I do whip up special dishes if there’s a celebration or occasion. Since Christmas and New Year is just a few winks away, it’s time to prepare something new, but still delicious.
Just in time for the holidays, this basket filled with Contadina pasta, tomato-sauces, and olive oil arrived.
Contadina means “women of the fields”. Contadina products are authentically Mediterranean, it takes to heart the Mediterranean philosophy of cooking with passion, using only the finest ingredients to deliver rich and authentic flavours.
I’m not really good at making tomato-based pasta, I only cook Pinoy-style spaghetti hehe. I always end up with over tangy sauce. That’s why I’m so happy with the bottles of Contadina Pasta Sauce that came in Napoletana, Arabiatta, and Formaggio. I can never go wrong with my pasta dishes again.
Contadina’s resident home cook is none other than Nigella Lawson. I always watch her shows because she makes everything look easy, plus I love her accent. Take it from Nigella: “Cooking is simple when it’s done with heart.”
To channel my inner Nigella, I’m sharing this super easy salmon recipe using Contadina Napoletana pasta sauce. Oh yes, you can use the sauce in non-pasta dishes too!
Salmon with Contadina Napoletana Sauce
2 pcs. Salmon steak, skin-on, bone-in (you can also use Salmon fillet)
Contadina Pure Olive Oil
Contadina Napoletana Pasta Sauce
salt and pepper
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of Contadina Pure Olive Oil in a pan.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the pan. Cook each side for about 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness.
- In a separate pan, melt 2 slices or about 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the Contadina Napoletana Pasta Sauce and allow to simmer. I used half of the bottle for 2 pcs. of salmon steak.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon in the simmering sauce, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
This is husband-approved! One thing I realized is that butter + tomato sauce is yum! Try it!
I’m giving away 1 Contadina Holiday Package just like the one in the photo above so that you can try my recipe.
- Like Contadina Philippines and The Misis Chronicles on Facebook.
- Share this blogpost on Facebook or Share my Facebook page Contadina post with the message below. Tag Contadina Philippines, The Misis Chronicles, and the person or people you want to cook the holiday dish with/for.“This is for you @TagAFriend! I will cook this @Contadina Philippines holiday dish by @The Misis Chronicles.”
- Leave a comment with your Facebook post link. Remember to set your post to PUBLIC.
This giveaway is open to METRO MANILA residents only.
1 winner will be chosen at random.
Giveaway ends on December 23, 2016.