A friend asked me what are the things to prepare while she’s pregnant aside from shopping things for the baby and her monthly check-up. At first, I can’t remember other important things to do other than thinking of baby’s name but then it occurred to me the most important thing. You have to notify SSS of your pregnancy as soon as you become pregnant.
SSS Maternity Notification Procedure and Requirements
- If you’re an employee, you just have to submit the following to your employer and they will be the one to submit it to SSS.
- SSS Maternity Notification Form (MAT1)
- Proof of pregnancy (ultrasound report)
- UMID or SSS biometrics ID card or two (2) other valid IDs, both with signature and at least one (1) with photo and date of birth
- If Unemployed/Self-Employed/Voluntary SSS members, same requirements apply but you will be the one to submit it to SSS.
You can download the SSS Maternity Notification Form (MAT1) at the SSS website, here.
For Unemployed/Self-Employed/Voluntary SSS members, SSS will stamp your MAT1 form and give it back to you. Keep the stamped MAT1 form, and submit it together with other maternity benefit claim documents to the SSS after you have given birth.
For employed members, the benefit is advanced by the employer to the qualified employee. One of the advantages of being employed, you have your HR to do the paper works.
For more info, visit the SSS site or ask your HR if you’re employed.