This will be our first Christmas in our Cavite home. I’m excited and stressed at the same time because a lot of our friends are asking when is the housewarming. This is the perfect time to have friends come over para reunion na rin buuuuut…. I’m not used to hosting parties, and the cooking that comes with it. I can’t let stress ruin the fun this holiday season brings that’s why I’m sharing you simple tips so that we’ll all have a stress-free Christmas in the kitchen.
Keep the kitchen tidy and organized.
A tidy home makes a tidy mind. When your kitchen is tidy and organized, you can think clearly what to cook, what ingredients you’ll need, and where to find your utensils. Use separate cabinets for the pots and pans, plates, utensils, food storage, etc. I’m planning to buy glass storage bottles for my pasta, and other dry ingredients too, it’s glass so I can see what’s inside. If you don’t have have glass or storage, you can print labels and stick them to your containers.
Prepare easy meals, plan ahead.
Stressed ka na nga sa pag-iisip ng paghanda, magluluto ka pa ba ng kare-kare? :p Well, some people don’t mind whipping up complicated dishes but for me, I like to keep it simple. A pasta dish is easy to make, tapos roast chicken in the oven while you do other things. For dessert, make it the night before, super easy to do is coffee jelly (will share my recipe next time). You can even make a cheese platter, and buy a good wine.
Have a potluck party.
If you can’t handle the cooking, make it a potluck party. Just make sure to remind them to bring different food para hindi madoble.
Order food from party tray/platter delivery.
These days, everything is just a phone call away. There are a lot of party tray deliveries that can accommodate you. Make sure to call weeks before because I’m sure, they are also busy this time of the year.
Use paper plates and napkins.
The last thing you want to worry about after having a party is washing the dishes. If you have 20 or more guests, and you don’t have a helper, I’m sure you’ll be stressed. This is not the most environment-friendly advice pero once a year lang naman to :p. Go ahead and use paper plates, disposable utensils, and napkins. Don’t worry that your napkins might ruin the look of your Christmas party. I recently discovered that Sanicare has Christmas designs for their Kitchen Towels, perfect for this festive season. I like their Kitchen Towels because it’s very absorbent because of its moisture locking technology.
They also have Mood Dinner Napkins and Mood Lunch Napkins. The dinner napkins come in white and black while the lunch napkins have elegant borders with special embossed designs.
Sanicare sent me their Kitchen Hygiene Line which is composed of Kitchen Towels, Lunch Napkins and Mood Dinner Napkins.
The Kitchen Hygiene Line will not only make your kitchen tidy but will also make it look festive. Their tissue comes in specially designed Christmas boxes called Liwanag Christmas boxes. They have 4 designs made by the artist Alex Eduque, the founder of MovEd.
The designs are centered on parols (Lanterns) and stars. I love what the designer said on her design, she chose to integrate the stars in her design because it is a constant reminder that we share the same sky and despite the
stark differences and circumstances in all corners of the world, that each one of us has a star shining brightly within.
My favorite among the 4 boxes is the White box, the colors of the parol and the gold prints stand out.
To make our Christmas shine brighter, Sanicare has an online Christmas Promo for the Liwanag Series boxes called the Starry Bright Christmas Promo.
Starry Bright Christmas Promo Mechanics
- To join, Interested participants need to post a creative photo on their Facebook account featuring the Sanicare Facial Tissue Liwanag Series Box.
- Your photo must include a caption that starts with the phrase, “My Christmas is extra bright this year because ____!” and must tag 3 other friends. Entries also should include the mandatory hashtags #SanicareLiwanagSeries #Sanicare #SCPA
- Once posted, the participant must go back to the Sanicare PH Facebook promo post and click the link provided in order to submit the entry.
- The promo will run from November 22 to January 01, 2018. Deadline of submission is on January 1, 2018 at 6pm.
- Winners will be announced on January 15, 2018 on the Sanicare PH Facebook Page.
- The grand prize winner will be given four (4) all day passes to Dream Play and Lunch buffet for four (4) at The Café at the Hyatt City of Dreams Manila.
- 10 consolation prize winners will also be chosen to each receive a 2,000 peso Sodexo Gift Certificate from Sanicare.
A starry bright Christmas indeed! For more details, like the Sanicare PH Facebook Page and follow them on Instagram, @sanicare_ph.