Back in high school when I still don’t have money to buy lip balms, I used my nanay’s Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as one. I think all of us started our kikay beginnings by using Vaseline as lip balm :p. A decade or so after, I am discovering more and more uses of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, it’s a wonder jelly that can be used beyond skin care. Now that I’m a homemaker, I love it even more that I can use it for some hacks in the house.
Opening up a tub of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly unlocks 101 ways or even more you can do with it, let me share to you my cool discoveries you probably didn’t know about:
- Perfume maximizer. Apply a thin layer on your scent points to make the scent last for hours.
- Dab on leather bags to remove dirt.
- Clean watermarks from wood.
- Keep ants away from pet bowls.
- Lubricate cabinets and windows. Apply petroleum jelly to the window sash channel and cabinet door runners with a small paintbrush and you wont hear them creak ever again.
- Make shower curtains slide more easily.
- No more shampoo tears. Simply rub a fair amount of Vaseline into your baby’s eyebrows. It acts as a protective shield against shampoo running down into his eyes.
- Get zippers unstuck.
- Burn more fat during a workout. Apply a thin layer to desired areas especially around your abs. Vaseline acts as a heat trap by holding heat created during your workout. As a result, you sweat more from the extra heat trapped within your body. The whole process increases your metabolic rate which in turn helps burn off fat. It’s an old trick that boxers use to drop weight fast to make their fight weight.
- Helps reduce the appearance of split ends.
What’s your favorite among my top 10? My fave is 1, 8, and 9!!! Why didn’t I learn this when I was enrolled at the gym???
Wanna know other cool uses of this wonder jelly? Visit http://www.vaseline.ph/101-ways-to-use-petroleum-jelly-full