Last weekend was our company outing in Thunderbird Resort at Poro Point. En route to the resort, we first took a side trip in Bauang, La Union to visit the Gapuz Grapes Farm. O di ba, if Baguio has strawberry farms, La Union has grape farms naman. I honestly don’t know that grapes grow here in the Philippines, but after visiting Bauang, La Union, I saw several farms aside from Gapuz.
Are you curious to see how a grape farm looks like? I’ll just show you thru photos.
To get to Gapuz Grape Farm, we need to walk through a small street because our tour bus can’t go inside. But cars, SUVs, and coasters can go straight to the farm. You can see several grape farms along the way like this Calica Grape Farms that also offers Pick & Pay for their grapes.
Here’s the entrance to the gates of Gapuz Grapes Farm.
If you just want to take pictures inside the farm, you have to pay Php 20. But if you want to pick your grapes, you have to pay Php 400 per kilo.
Harvest season is during the summer months. Since it’s rainy season now, it’s best to call or text before you go if they have grapes ready for picking.
Kids are free to enter and they get to taste the grapes for free too.
Welcome to my vineyard!
The vines are around 6 feet tall, so kung matangkad ka, abot kamay mo lang yung mga grapes.
It was so surreal, parang nasa Europe lang. If you’re in La Union, you should visit these farms.
How to get to Gapuz Grapes Farm
In case you want to visit, I copied the directions on how to get to Gapuz Grapes Farm from their FB page.
From Manila to La Union by bus:
1. Take PARTAS, FLORIDA, FARNINAS, DOMINION BUS going north ILOCOS REGION (terminals are in Cubao and Pasay City).
2. Bus will pass by La Union area. Fare Php 400-Php 450 to Urayong, Bauang, La Union.
3. Tell the driver/conductor to drop you off Bauang-Caba boundary. Landmark: You will find an arc.
4. Walk to the nearest local auto service (talyer) left side of the road when you are facing north. There’s a road that will lead you going to the farm.
5. GAPUZ GRAPES FARM 78 National Hi-Way Brgy. Urayong
Google Maps and WAZE APP
Search: GAPUZ GRAPES FARM