An Absolute Mom Awardee is an inspiring mother, an achiever in their chosen field, an exemplary woman who finds time to devote herself to charities and causes, extending herself to those in need in order to give back and make a difference.
Last Wednesday, May 9, 2012, I was very honored to be part of Absolute Mom Awards event held at the Museum Cafe in Greenbelt 4. May is Mother’s month, so it was very timely that Absolute Pure Distilled Drinking Water recognized 5 women who received the Absolutely Inspiring Mom for Others Award.
As a thank you to the 5 awardee moms, cash was donated to each of their chosen charities courtesy of Absolute Pure Distilled Drinking Water.
To award the five Absolute Moms was another Absolute mom herself, Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo.
Here are the 5 Absolute Mom Awardees:
- Patricia Bermudez-Hizon – host/sportscaster. She founded Everyday is Your Birthday Foundation, an organization that encourages people to help the less fortunate and make them feel that everyday is their birthday. Patricia’s chosen charity to receive the cash donation is House of Refuge Orphanage.
- Pia Magalona – She said that it’s her first time to be recognized as a mom. She is the chairperson of the Francis Magalona Foundation whose mission is to transform the lives of public high school students in order to instill Filipino pride.
- Tessa Prieto-Valdez – She happily thanked all their household staff from her yayas, cook and the drivers for helping her family. Her chosen charity is the Assumption High School Batch 81 Foundation whose thrust is in the welfare of impoverished children.
- Risa de los Angeles – Her exemplary service in helping the less privileged made her an awardee. She is a leader and mentor of the Youth for a United World of the Focolare.
- Cathy Babao – After the loss of his son, she founded Migi’s Corner. Her beneficiary is Project Brave Kids, an organization that helps families of children battling cancer.
Absolute Pure Distilled Drinking Water is giving away Absolute gift bags to two lucky readers of The Misis Chronicles. Enter through Rafflecopter.
Thank you to Nuffnang Philippines and Absolute Distilled Drinking Water for the invitation and for sponsoring the Absolute gift bags.