Just want to share some tips for preggy women and would-be parents that they must do before the baby arrives. Having a baby is the most wonderful thing for couples, but can also be demanding and can sometimes affect your relationship as a couple due to stress. It takes a lot of adjustments before first-time parents can get back to normal routine, this time with baby around.
I really had a hard-time coping the first few weeks, but now I caught up with mommyhood. Pre-pregnancy, of course, it’s common sense to shop for baby stuff and prepare the nursery. But I’d like to share some tips I soon realized I could have done before my delivery:
- Enjoy long hours of sleep. Yes, sleep will be a luxury once you’re taking care of the baby. At present, I’m happy if I can have 3 hours straight of sleep.
- Look for a nanny/yaya as early as possible. I started looking for a yaya on my 8th month, and it’s so hard to get a yaya nowadays. My due date came and still no yaya, it’s hard to move around the house with the baby chores added.
- Go on a “babymoon”. You and your husband should spend more time together. You’ll definitely miss those days when it’s just “mr. & mrs.”.
- Go on a date frequently. Go on dinner dates, eat plenty and have nice long conversation at your favorite restaurants.
- Prepare your SSS Maternity and Philhealth forms early on. Make sure that your records are updated and you got the latest documents/forms from your HR. Read about: SSS Maternity Notification