In the Kitchen will be the category where I will post some of the recipes I cook for my family. I promise you these are super-duper easy recipes because I’m really not an expert in the kitchen plus the fact that I don’t want recipes with so many steps/how-tos. Just 4-6 instructions, anything more than that, I skip the page of my recipe book and look for simpler recipes. So newbies in the kitchen, I hope you’ll try my recipes or suggestions and let’s share kitchen secrets!
This is another simple pasta recipe. I prefer cooking carbonara over tomato-based pasta because I find it easier since I just open all the ingredients, dump them in one pot, just add a bit salt if needed, and voila! Unlike in tomato-based pasta where I need to adjust on salt, sugar and pepper. My Tuna Carbonara recipe is special because I use Cream of Mushroom to make the sauce creamier and tastier. No need to use expensive Cream of Mushroom, I use Jolly Cream of Mushroom and also a small can of Jolly Mushrooms, cheaper alternative but yields delicious carbonara sauce too.
Tuna Carbonara Pasta
Spaghetti or Fettucine pasta (cooked al dente, refer to package directions)
1 tsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can tuna flakes in vegetable oil (drained)
1 pack All Purpose Cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 small can Mushrooms (pieces&stems, drained)
1 small can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
- Saute chopped garlic in butter.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tuna, sprinkle with a bit of pepper.
- Pour the Cream of Mushroom. Cook until bubbles appear.
- Pour All Purpose Cream and add in the evaporated milk. You may use the whole can of evap milk or just adjust if you want your sauce to be thick.
- Season with salt.
- Simmer over low heat with continuous stirring. Turn off heat after it boils.
- Pour on top of your pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
If you want tomato-sauced based pasta, please try my super easy Spicy Tuna Pasta recipe.