One thing that doesn’t excite me when traveling is the packing and unpacking process. I still have a long way to go in practicing how to pack light. But thankfully, I have my husband, Jeff, who is the expert in packing light. I just give Gwen’s stuff in a packing cube and he’ll take care of the rest. As for my things, I have my own bag, DON’T ASK WHY hahahaha. So basically, Jeff and Gwen’s things go into one duffle bag while my clothes and other “stuff” goes into my backpack.
When it comes to our toiletries, I’m the one in charge. I use my ever reliable Beabi toiletry kit. One important thing when packing your toiletries is that everything must be travel-sized. You don’t need full-sized bottle of lotion or shampoo for a 3-day trip, and this is the time that I’m thankful for sachets.
Allow me to share what I brought during our 3-day beach trip last weekend of May.
What goes in our toiletry bag?
- Conditioning shampoo from Echostore – This is one handy tip, choose a shampoo with conditioner so that you don’t have to bring 2 bottles.
- Body wash in grapefruit scent from Echostore – The conditioning shampoo is also in grapefruit scent, and I swear, the whole bathroom smells great after hehe.
- Kid’s shampoo and body wash from Human Heart Nature – Again, double purpose, shampoo and body wash in 1 bottle.
- insect repellent – I transferred it into a smaller container.
- contact lens case and solution from Beabi – That one small bottle from Beabi can last up to 4 days.
- deodorant from Dove – the smallest size possible.
- travel-sized lotion – I got that Clarins body lotion as a giveaway from Rustans. You might want to keep the toiletries provided by hotels, comes in handy when you travel.
- sunblock from Nivea – This is full-size because I didn’t bring one for adults.
- toothbrushes and toothpaste – We have a separate toothpaste for Gwen.
- Paracetamol – headache is a bummer while on vacation so I always keep one in our bag.
- Lysol wipes and Lysol To Go Spray – The newest addition to my toiletry kit. For germ-free travels.
- facial wash and facial cream from Ponds – since it’s just a beach trip, I don’t have to bring my BB creams, just the one from Ponds will do.
- cotton buds – Muji has individually wrapped cotton buds.
- Vapor Soove – not shown in photo. But it’s always inside the bag for stuffy nose.
I also wrote some packing tips on my travel blog 3 years ago: Tips on how to pack smart and light with your toiletries
There will be some variations of the contents, depends on our destination. But I hope I covered the basics. Some of my kikay things are in a separate kikay kit though, just my cheek tint, lip balm/lipstick, and face powder. A small bottle of alcohol and cologne is also in one of the pockets of my backpack. I’m buying another bottle of Lysol To Go to put in one of the pockets for easier access too.
Do you have some tips in packing your toiletries when you go on vacation? Let’s exchange tips in the comments section.